Istanbul Airport The Connection between Authenticity and Modernity
- The airport was built on an area of 76.5 million square meters.
- All phases of the airport will be completed before 2023.
- 10,000 employees and workers have worked for establishing the new airport.
- There are 6 separate runways at the airport.
- The capacity of the airport is up to 500 airplanes.
- The closed and open airport terminals accommodate about 70,000 cars.
- The airport’s initial capacity is 90 million passengers per year.
- Its capacity will be 200 million passengers a year, at the end of all phases.
- The airport will provide premium services to 250 airlines.
- Daily flights from the airport will go to more than 350 destinations.
- The company that established the airport is committed to paying € 26 billion to the state, including taxes for 25 years.
Istanbul Airport was built on an area of 1.3 million square meters, the largest building in the world.
The roof of the airport was built according to the engineering principles and the architectural rules adopted by the famous Turkish architect Sinan Pasha.
The airport has a large free area overlooking the Bosphorus.